As the author of Jamie Is Jamie, I would love nothing more than to visit classrooms (in person or via Skype) and share the story with young children.
I am also available to speak with older students about writing/publishing, how to find their voice and be confident to use it.
Conference Talks, Teacher Training, Professional Development Workshops
Over the years, I have had the honor of speaking at various educator conferences and providing professional development workshops on the following topics:
- Project based teaching
- Teaching Writing
- Teaching Essay Writing
- Fostering Creativity in the Classroom
In addition, I am now available to speak on the following:
- Changing the Message: Understanding how schools teach gender
- Educating Intellectual Students in the Age of Standardized Testing
- Interdisciplinary Planning/ Curriculum Design
Parenting and Homeschool Groups
I also speak with parenting/ homeschooling communities on a variety of topics including:
- How We Teach our Children Gender
- How to Support Children through Play
- Identifying Teachable Moments
- Raising Intellectual Children
- An Interdisciplinary Approach to Homeschooling
Please contact me to schedule a speaking event and/or for more information regarding fees. Of course, there is no speaker fee for classroom visits to public schools.